• Advertise
  • Contact
Saturday, May 23, 2026
Islamic Voice News
  • Login
  • Home
  • Trump Administration
  • Mamdani Administration
  • Immigration
  • New York
  • U.S.
  • International
  • Podcasts
  • Home
  • Trump Administration
  • Mamdani Administration
  • Immigration
  • New York
  • U.S.
  • International
  • Podcasts
No Result
View All Result
Islamic Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Trump Administration

Pentagon to Swap Media Outlets in New Annual Rotation Program

Isabella Rodriguez by Isabella Rodriguez
February 1, 2025
in Trump Administration, U.S. and Canada
Pentagon to Swap Media Outlets in New Annual Rotation Program
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

On Friday, January 31st, the Pentagon announced a new “Annual Media Rotation Program” that will remove four major news organizations from their dedicated office spaces at the Department of Defense. Effective February 14th, 2025, the changes will bring in four other outlets.

The New York Times, NBC News, National Public Radio (NPR), and Politico are required to vacate their spaces. In their place, The New York Post, One America News Network (OANN), Breitbart News Network, and HuffPost will be given access to the coveted Pentagon workspaces traditionally reserved for high-profile media outlets.

According to the Pentagon’s memo, the rotation is intended to broaden access to the limited office space in the Pentagon’s “Correspondents’ Corridor” by offering the opportunity to media outlets without a physical presence. “Each year, one outlet from each press medium – print, online, television, and radio – that has enjoyed working from a physical office in the Pentagon will rotate out of the building to allow a new outlet from the same medium that has not had the unique opportunity to report as a resident member of the Pentagon Press Corps,” the memo stated.

While the outlets vacating the spaces will still have full access to Pentagon briefings and events, they will lose the ability to work from the building’s dedicated media offices. This decision has sparked criticism from some quarters, particularly from the Pentagon Press Association, representing Defense Department journalists. The association expressed concerns over the move, labeling it unprecedented and troubling.

An NBC spokesperson said, “We’re disappointed by the decision to deny us access to a broadcasting booth at the Pentagon that we’ve used for many decades. Despite the significant obstacles this presents to our ability to gather and report news in the national public interest, we will continue to report with the same integrity and rigor NBC News always has.”

The move has drawn attention due to the inclusion of media outlets known for their pro-Trump stance. One America News, Breitbart, and HuffPost represent a departure from the mainstream outlets traditionally granted space at the Pentagon. HuffPost, which has not previously had a Pentagon correspondent, is included in the rotation, leading to questions about the administration’s goals with the program.

Despite the controversy, Pentagon officials maintain that the rotation system is designed to ensure fair access for a broader range of media organizations. “The only change will be giving up their physical workspaces in the building to allow news outlets to have their turn to become Pentagon Press Corps resident members,” said Pentagon spokesperson John Ullyot.

As the February 14th deadline approaches, media organizations and journalists closely monitor the potential implications for their coverage of the U.S. military and the Department of Defense.

Tags: Media AccessMedia Rotation ProgramNews OutletsPentagonU.S. Military

Related Posts

Mahmoud Khalil Faces Deportation Risk as Appeals Court Rejects Rehearing
U.S. and Canada

Mahmoud Khalil Faces Deportation Risk as Appeals Court Rejects Rehearing

by Tamara Brown
May 22, 2026
Trump Administration Implements New Rule Requiring Most Green Card Applicants to Apply Abroad
Immigration

Trump Administration Implements New Rule Requiring Most Green Card Applicants to Apply Abroad

by Maria Cruz
May 22, 2026
U.S. Responds to Ebola Outbreak in Central and East Africa With Funding and Travel Warnings
Africa

U.S. Responds to Ebola Outbreak in Central and East Africa With Funding and Travel Warnings

by Maria Cruz
May 19, 2026
U.S. Immigration Courts See Sharp Increase in Voluntary Departure, Data Shows
Immigration

U.S. Immigration Courts See Sharp Increase in Voluntary Departure, Data Shows

by Maria Cruz
May 13, 2026
17 U.S. Cruise Passengers Return After Hantavirus Outbreak, One Tests Positive
U.S. and Canada

17 U.S. Cruise Passengers Return After Hantavirus Outbreak, One Tests Positive

by Maria Cruz
May 11, 2026
No Result
View All Result

Prayer times for your location

6 Kalimas

99 Names of Allah

© 2024 Islamic Voice News. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
    • Africa
    • Asia Pacific
    • Caribbean and Latin American
    • Europe
    • Middle East
    • South Africa
    • U.S. and Canada
  • New York
    • Adams Adminstration
    • City Council
    • Crime and Public Safety
    • Education
    • Metro
    • School Safety
  • Cape Town
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Advertise
  • Contact

© 2024 Islamic Voice News. All Rights Reserved.

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?